Been on Vacation
And today is my first day back to reality – otherwise known as work.
On my vacation I:
- slept late. Everyday.
- read lots of books! Some trash, some edifying. (Twilight, Devil in the White City, Elizabeth, Broken Open, Last Days of Dogtown, most of The Other Side of You, and some Mary Oliver and more Jurgen Moltman – although I’m STILL not done with that one.) HEEEE!
- Ate really good food – EVERYDAY!
- Had a lobster party! Oversaw the cooking and eating of 20 LOBSTAHS!
- Sat in the sun, in a chair, in the lake, with a book, and a beer or sometimes a glass of wine.
- Dove off the dock.
- Swam and swam.
- Saw the most magnificent thunder and lightening storm evah! Also, one of the scariest…such a deluge of water and the lightening strikes! EEEP!
- Had excellent company. I love my parents and my cousin Trish and her hubby. They make excellent playmates.
- Sat in the “reading room” (porch which overlooks the lake) and read everyday.
- Drank coffee in the morning (I don’t normally do this..I’m a tea girl).
- Bought Tee-Shirts.
- Went to visit a new town I’d not been to before with an AWESOME used book store.
- Watched my kids use ingenuity as they dragged the umbrella from the table on the beach down to the end of the dock to fish in the rain. I love them.
- Helped Jenna buy and wear her first pair of earrings that weren’t her studs..and they were…LOBSTAHS.
- Had yet another weird Maine supernatural experience. And my husband heard it too, so I’m NOT insane. Well..at least not about that…
So..I’m back now. Refreshed and rejuvenated. Came home to realize that I had yet ANOTHER important date for my kids bollocksed up. Thought school started next week on my birthday, (Ahem…September 8th! 40th birthday coming up, dontcha know) – turns out it starts this Wednesday, September 2. I’m suffering from severe, severe head up the ASSNESS with kid related dates this summer. First, I effed up the start date of the kid’s camp (thought it started a week LATER than it actually did, and made all kind of unnecessary awkard arrangements), and then made some of the same said arrangements for the kids this week with the mess up on the school start date. Getting to be a feather head as I approach 40. First it was the eyesight..now the memory is turning to shit. And I’ve always prided myself on my decent memory. Well…NOT SO MUCH anymore.
How have you all been?